Sunday 16 November 2014

Some R&R



After finishing up with my Year 12s and their exam last week, I spent Friday evening and most of Saturday in the company of my uncle and aunt on the Mornington Peninsula. 

I enjoyed a relaxation massage at the Peninsula Hot Springs courtesy of a gift voucher from last Christmas - a highly recommendable gift!  Then I meandered down to Sorrento where I wiled away some time in one of my most favourite bookshops - The Antipodes.  Normally I always come away with a book.  Today it was a collection of non-literary items - wrapping paper, a bookmark and handmade Christmas decorations.


I stopped at Sorrento ocean beach to soak up some sea air before returning home.  It was surprisingly temperate and despite the cloud cover, provided a peaceful view.


Whilst I know next to nothing about native coastal plants, it did seem that Spring had made her presence known on the beach too.  I may have captured images of weeds in bloom, rather than native plants, but they still caught my eye with their colour and vibrancy.





If you know the names of these plants (weeds?!), feel free to let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs